VRF Guide published by IOR with CIBSE
A new guide on variable refrigerant flow (VRF) air conditioning was published in December 2017 ior cibse vrfas a joint publication from the Institute of Refrigeration and CIBSE. IOR members will be able to download it for FREE from the web site.
Over the last 30 years VRF systems have established themselves as effective cooling and heating technology in a range commercial applications. During this time VRF manufacturers have innovated and developed their own range of different VRF solutions. With increased focus on energy efficiency, carbon emissions and sustainability, the need for guidance on the design, application and use of VRF cooling and heating systems has become more important.
The main purpose of this publication is to provide an independent source of information to assist designers in selecting and configuring VRF systems to realise their optimum environmental and economic potential. Specifically, it provides:
- an understanding of the technology and its applications
- explanations of the differences between VRF and alternative technologies
- information on the availability and comparability of systems
- information on the calculation of heating and cooling loads and effects on component selection
- an understanding and recognition of the importance of diversity and capacity ratios in VRF applications
- guidance on how to achieve energy efficient systems
- information on how best to specify VRF systems
- advice on commissioning procedures
- information on maintenance, training and resources
Free to IOR and CIBSE members. £72 inc VAT for non members.