Now freely accessible: The IIR International Dictionary of Refrigeration
A unique international tool
With this online tool, you can find definitions (in English and French) of scientific and technical terms, as well as identify terms in the language of your choice and find corresponding translations in the 10 other languages.
The dictionary provides term searches in Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian and Spanish.
Now freely accessible online, the IIR International Dictionary of Refrigeration offers researchers, industrialist or administrations the practical resources required to produce content related to refrigeration technologies in multiple languages and has already been used by other international HVAC organisations to establish their own databases.
The dictionary in numbers :
- more than 4,300 terms in English and French, including 800 synonyms,
- around 3,500 definitions in English and French,
- approximately 7,800 terms, synonyms and definitions
- content in 11 languages.
This international tool is the result of the work of nearly 200 experts, members of the IIR network, from around 30 countries throughout the world.
The dictionary’s content covers all areas of refrigeration such as:
- basic principles (thermodynamics, transfer of heat and mass …)
- production of refrigeration (refrigerated systems, refrigerants…)
- refrigerated installations
- methods of chilling, refrigeration and freezing
- storage, transport and distribution
- refrigeration applications for perishable products and the agro-food industry
- air conditioning
- heat pumps
Access the International Dictionary of Refrigeration on the IIR website: International Dictionary of Refrigeration