Ammonia cylinder explodes at GEA factory
The emergency services attended the GEA Refrigeration factory in Den Bosch this morning after a “50 litre” ammonia cylinder exploded.
According to local press reports, five people were were treated at the scene but none were taken to hospital. An area of about 200m around the building was cordoned off and local buildings were evacuated, local tv station Omroep Brabant reported.
The Brabants Dagblad newspaper reported that the former Grasso refrigeration factory on the Parallelweg suffered damage with broken windows clearly visible at the back of the building.