Invitation to submit an abstract to the 10th CO2 and Ammonia Refrigeration Technologies IIR International Conference
The next edition of the CO2 and Ammonia Refrigeration Technologies will take place on April 27-29, 2023 in Ohrid, R. Macedonia. It will be organized by the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering – Skopje together the with the International Institute of Refrigeration (Paris).
This also will be an opportunity to know out new information in development of the ammonia and CO2 refrigerating systems, to meet many experts and to exchange useful experiences.
Main Topics of the Conference
Design of modern ammonia (NH3) systems and technological innovation
- Lowering of ammonia charge in the systems; Medium and small size ammonia systems;
- Advanced design; Factory-made units;
- Compatibility of ammonia with metals and new oils.
Design of carbon dioxide (CO2) refrigeration and heat pump systems
- Transcritical and subcritical operation;
- Modifications of cycles to improve the energy efficiency;
- Development of CO2 systems intended for hot climate;
- Ejector as an expansion device.
New innovative components
- Plate and “shell & plate” heat exchangers; DX evaporators;
- Microchannel air-cooled condensers; Improved evaporative condensers;
- Semi-hermetic and hermetic ammonia compressors;
- High-pressure ammonia and CO2 compressors.
Energy efficiency of ammonia and CO2 refrigerating systems
- Advantages of ammonia and CO2 versus fluorocarbon-based systems;
- New secondary coolants; CO2 as a secondary coolant;
- NH3/CO2 cascade systems.
Applications of ammonia and CO2 refrigeration
- Cold stores, food and drink industries;
- Air-conditioning systems (liquid chillers);
- Heat pumps (medium and high temperature heating).
- Modified absorption cycles;
- Trigeneration and district cooling.
Ammonia and CO2 systems in developing countries
- Modernisation, improvements, technical assistance, barriers.
Technical and safety issues. Guidelines and training materials
- Regulations on the construction and operation of ammonia and CO2 refrigerating systems;
- Education and training for: best practices, operating procedures, handling and safe operation.
Public awareness of the image and benefits of natural refrigerants
- Crucial and sustainable contributions to a better environment;
- Barriers to market penetration;
- Current and future use of natural refrigerants;
- Montreal Protocol and Kigali amendment, phase-down of HFCs.
Use the opportunity to see the beautiful city of Ohrid and Ohrid Lake!
To download registration form you can here.
More details on the conference website: